Thursday, August 6, 2009

Pedalelphia, Pedalonia, Pedal ...

Here i went around Central Park 4 times today-4 times (fine, 2 around 7:30AM and a duce 20 minutes ago)...pedaling my 162lb butt off! I know trying to raise money for the ride, raise awareness for heart health and diabetes related health issues are my main challenges...but so is trying to get ready to ride the ride. And, while timing is tight on getting the viral word out on what we are doing- if my father lived on the top of Everest, i'd give that a shot too!- but it's not about me or him, it's about the importance of getting people to see the positive reality of being "heart active"-at any age, with virtually any health condition(s)- and partners/supporters to get behind me(maybe pushing my bike a bit up some of the hills in CP or in route to Pedalelphia) to help us change the idea of "health care" as a problem to fix to "caring about health" as a doable idea that anyone can buy into...like "Live Life Look Forward",that's what we say, what our tee shirts will say, what people will say!

NYC to Palm Beach, Florida that's a lot of pedaling...33 days from now, about 100 miles a day. If you want to send me a post, send some support (we have some real needs), whatever you want to do to be part of this journey, please know i need every bit of help i can find and i am the most grateful 52 year old still alive guy you may ever meet.

Thanks, gotta grab dinner
Cliff

No comments:

Post a Comment