Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Month From Today...

You may be at work. You may be running to a meeting or driving over a bridge, in a tunnel, on a highway to get somewhere. Chances are Tuesday, September 8th 2009 will really be no different than the day before or the week before...

For me, my son Matt, my family, friends and supporters it will be the start of a most unlikely journey. A 1400 mile, two week bike ride to show what is possible- when you never buy into what is supposedly imposible.

It all happens one month from today! The countdown is officially on. So yes, the training is now more intense- a 100 miles a day for anyone is a real ride and the fact i'm no spring(or Fall)chicken is what makes this great. The logistical routing, where we will sleep must get more defined. The techical bike, travel gear, food needs must come together. The outreach to media in sharing our story, needs to be more focused. The asking for support, clearly needs to be more specific.

This ride is not about me. It is not about that i will be a ten year heart attack survivor come Sept. 26th or that I am a 52 year old insulin dependent diabetic. It is about life and with it comes the incredible opportunity, maybe even responsibility, to not be captive by circumstance- health, financial or any related issues.

A month from today, Matt and me will leave NYC. We will video blog, text (him, not me), share our journey along the way... all the time, everyday until we reach my father's house in Palm Beach, Florida on September 26th- the magical day i lived 10 years ago!

I truly welcome your involvement in any way you can. Again,the ride is about all of us...but pedaling, like giving, starts at home- so off i go!

LLLF,
Cliff

No comments:

Post a Comment