Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The meaning behind... Live Life, Look Forward...

I wrote these words and find special meaning in them, but they belong to us all. To put it simply, I never looked at life quite the same after my heart attack in September 1999. Mainly because I realized I had a “day I lived” day… as it was clearly not the “day I died”. I had birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, but never one of these. It was and is empowering and humbling.

And, it lead me to create my website- www.lifeonthecliff.com that I launched on September 26, 2008 to celebrate this special year, with 365 very human insights, one per day, into life, love and even my love of dogs. So, the idea of having a “day I lived” led to “life on the cliff” that morphed into part of where we are today…to “Live Life”!

While the idea of “live life” was new to me, look forward was not. As a natural born passionate optimist, I look forward to most everything. But, it is its dual meaning to “look forward”, to look beyond “today” to inspire people to start living life more actively and healthfully- that’s the hope and promise of a simple idea we’ve named “Live Life Look Forward”!

-Cliff

No comments:

Post a Comment