Sunday, July 26, 2009

The day that I will never forget... 10 years later- a day to celebrate

What's up everyone, I just wanted to get my first post up here and tell you guys how excited I am for this trip. I realized that today is our 2 month mark till the trip down to Florida and thinking about this made me look back to that day almost 10 years ago now that I heard the news of my dad being in the hospital. I find it almost weird that certain days stick in your mind so clearly that you remember where you were, what you were doing, and who was with you. These may be days that make history, or are just events in your personal life that stick with you. Do you have any days that you can look back to like that?

For me, I was in elementary school, it was fourth grade, and a Wednesday. I remember Wednesdays as the days I was able to go to my dad’s so it ment that it was our day during the week to go to the park, bike around, or just chill, you know, father/son bonding time. While sitting in class I was called to the principles office and in my mind I started trying to figure out what it was I did wrong, this time that is. Upon seeing the principle, she told me that it was not me that was in trouble this time, but my father had an “accident”. Now that I look back on it, I guess that’s all a kid my age would be able to understand. She told me I was going to get picked up and was going to head over to the hospital. She kept me as calm as possible and frankly for me, that’s not an easy thing to do even without news like that. My dad was not just my dad, he was the person I looked up too, and hearing this just put me in a state of shock. This day is one that I will never forget, and frankly I feel as though being bike down to Florida 10 years later, with my dad, is another day that I wont forget.

I will end it there for my first post, but look back for more about our trip, and I want everyone to know that this is not just for my dad and I, but for everyone. For any event in your life that you stopped and realized that what you have to do is stop, think, and LIVE LIFE and LOOK FORWARD.

- Matt -

No comments:

Post a Comment